I have been a big time critic, enjoyed Twitter for bashing products & people running startups because of my own bias.
My reason of anger were:
1. You should not have raised.
2. VC’s picked wrong founders.
3. Founders picked wrong VC’s.
4. Startup employees are overpaid.
5. Founders waste more money on building product than office space.
6. Media has glorified this whole startup thing.
But, if you think through deeply every change/revolution went through its up and down. The startup revolution/movement is one of it. Generalizing everyone and everything being bad/rotten will do no good.
Providing a constructive criticism helps not being a keyboard worrier with opinions.
If you don’t belive me, google and read story about various founders.
1. Leaving high paid jobs to pursue build something new for society.
2. Husband/Wife managing kids, startups & employees so many kids together to foster technology to the world.
3. Rejected in US, moving back working hard building billion $$ and providing employment to 1000+ people and opening up employment opportunities in the chain.
There are many more others…
So a humble advice, stop being prick. Help the ecosystem, empower and foster with your piece of help. [This applies to me as well]
Originally posted on Medium.